Proper preparation while running: tips+ free running schedule
A good preparation and planning can save you a lot of stress andgivesyou confidence in your personal challenge. The running season starts upagain, and this includes the necessary preparation. You have to make sure that you can complete your goal without any damage or sporting burn-out. Whether you want to take part in a 5 km run, marathon or an ultra-racey run, it is imperative that you know what your body can handle and what is available (sports nutrition) to help you do so. This is really often a new area for many to discover.
5 simple tips for good preparation while running.
- LISTEN... ... ...to your body and to the signals your body sends out.
- REST: As you may know, your body becomes stronger at rest. Just as important as the hard workouts is giving your body a chance to recover. In this way you prepare your body for the next training session. Tiredness or moods are often the signal that there is a need for rest.
- FUEL YOUR BODY: If an athlete who trains several times a week combines this with an extreme crash diet, this can develop into a total disaster. Just as we cannot drive around with a car with an empty petrol tank, we should not require our bodies to start with an empty tank. This again means: listen to your body. If you are hungry, you have to eat, but eat high-quality nutrients in a balanced ratio. Check the Svensson walking package.
- PERIODISE YOUR TRAINING It is extremely important to periodise and phase your training, this often ensures the best performance. You can divide your training into a general preparation phase, a basic phase, more specific phases and finally a recovery phase.
- DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS Especially on social media. Train according to your own programme and to your own ability.