Article 1 - Definitions
For the purposes of these terms and conditions:
Period of reflection: the period within which the consumer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
Consumer: the natural person who does not act in the exercise of a profession or business and enters into a distance contract with the entrepreneur;
Day: calendar day;
Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to waive the distance contract within the cooling-off period;
Contractor: the natural or legal person who offers products and/or services to consumers at a distance;
Agreement at a distance: An agreement whereby, within the framework of a system organized by the entrepreneur for distance selling of products and/or services, up to and including the conclusion of the agreement, exclusive use is made of one or more techniques for distance communication;
Technique for distance communication: means that can be used for concluding an agreement, without the consumer and the entrepreneur being in the same room at the same time.
General Terms and Conditions: the present General Terms and Conditions of the entrepreneur.
Article 2 - Identity of the entrepreneur
Postland Int BV;
Rijksweg 2 - 4529 JC Eede ;
Telephone number: 0031117377111 - every working day from 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
E-mail address: email@example.com
VAT identification number: NL808898498B01
Article 3 - Right of withdrawal
- When purchasing products, the consumer has the option of cancelling the contract without giving any reason for doing so for a period of 14 days. This cooling-off period starts on the day after receipt of the product by the consumer or a representative appointed in advance by the consumer and announced to the entrepreneur.
- During the cooling-off period the consumer will handle the product and packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he makes use of his right of withdrawal, he will return the product with all delivered accessories and - if reasonably possible - in the original condition and packaging to the entrepreneur, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
- When the consumer wishes to make use of his right of withdrawal he is obliged to inform the entrepreneur within 14 days after receipt of the product. The consumer must make this known by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the consumer has communicated his wish to make use of his right of withdrawal, he has to return the product within 14 days. The consumer has to prove that the delivered goods have been returned on time, for example by means of proof of dispatch
- If the consumer has not made it known after the expiry of the periods mentioned in paragraph 2 and 3 that he wants to make use of his right of withdrawal or has not returned the product to the entrepreneur, the purchase is a fact.
Article 4 - Obligations of the consumer during the reflection period
- During the reflection period, the consumer will handle the product and its packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to determine the nature, characteristics and functioning of the product. The starting point here is that the consumer is only allowed to handle and inspect the product as he would be allowed to do in a shop.
- The consumer is only liable for reduction in value of the product that is the result of a way of handling the product that goes beyond what is allowed in paragraph 1.
- The consumer is not liable for any reduction in the value of the product if the entrepreneur has not provided him with all legally required information about the right of withdrawal before or at the conclusion of the contract.
Article 5 - Costs in case of withdrawal
- If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, at most the costs of returning the product will be for his account.If the consumer has paid an amount, the entrepreneur will refund this amount as soon as possible, but at the latest within 14 days after withdrawal. The condition is that the product has already been received back by the merchant or conclusive proof of complete return can be submitted. Reimbursement will take place via the same payment method used by the consumer unless the consumer explicitly gives permission for another payment method.
- In case of damage to the product due to careless handling by the consumer himself, the consumer can not be held liable for any reduction in value of the product when the entrepreneur has not provided all the legally required information about the right of withdrawal, this should be done before concluding the purchase agreement.
Article 6 - Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
- Sealed products which are not suitable to be returned for reasons of health protection or hygiene and of which the seal has been broken after delivery;
- Products which after delivery by their nature are irrevocably mixed with other products;