Tips to detox your body yourself
There are different ways in which you can detox. Juice cures, an adapted lifestyle, tablets, . you will find them in scents and colors. It all starts with you and what you want to change about your lifestyle. We collected a number of natural detox tips to get you started.
- Food with a lot of vitamin C
Your body does not make vitamin C on its own and you must get enough through your diet. Think of fruit and vegetables such as rosehip, red bell pepper, chicory, kiwi and broccoli. Vitamin C contributes to good resistance, good wound healing, strong bones, teeth and blood vessels and the absorption of iron. Tip: drink a glass of lukewarm water with the juice of half a lemon every morning. That way you can detoxify your liver.
Sweating is healthy
Try to sweat intentionally by exercising intensively or planning a visit to the sauna. Your lymphatic system can drain the toxins through sweating. Just remember to rehydrate your body by drinking plenty of water after your sweat session.
- Eat fiber-rich food
Examples of fiber-rich foods are legumes, grains, seeds, vegetables and fruit. These are all nutrients that promote the intestinal flora and help to remove the waste products from your body.
- Try to reduce stress hormones
Your body uses a lot of glutathione due to prolonged stress and fatigue. Glutathione is one of the most important antioxidants in your body and can neutralize toxins. Do relaxation exercises, try to avoid caffeine and get enough sleep.
- Exercise enough every day
Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day, even if it's just a 30-minute walk. Exercise strengthens the production of glutathione and promotes intestinal flora. Find something that suits you and that makes you feel good.
- Try to avoid some products and take others extra
- Try to replace your wheat products with products that contain less gluten such as spelled or use unprocessed grains such as quinoa, amaranth, …
- Replace refined sugars with natural sweeteners such as honey and maple syrup.
- Use vegetable dairy substitutes based on soy, almond, oats, …
- Choose fresh and unprocessed products as much as possible and avoid processed, fried and sugary foods.
- Avoid alcohol and red meat.
- Watch your salt and caffeine intake.
- Drink pure water as much as possible and occasionally drink tea.
- Try to eat as much fruit and vegetables as possible.
- Eat nuts, seeds and kernels because they are rich in healthy fats.
- Use legumes, they are one of the best vegetable sources of protein.
- Get your omega-3 fatty acids from foods such as oily fish.
- Drink a green smoothie every morning. That way you get your daily amount of fruit and vegetables.
Change your daily care
Changing your daily care is also a way of detoxing. Think of showering with cold water, scrub your skin, take a probiotic treatment of 2 weeks 3 times a year and use skin care products on a natural basis .
You can already achieve a lot by using those tips in your daily life. Try things out and see for yourself what feels right for you. Success!