Tips for detoxifying your body yourself
There are different ways in which you can detox. Juice cures, an adapted lifestyle, tablets... You can find them in all colours and scents. It all starts with you and what you want to change in your lifestyle. We have collected a number of natural detox tips to get you started.
- Foods rich in vitamin C
Vitamin C is not produced by your body and you need to get enough of it from your diet. Think of fruits and vegetables like rose hip, red pepper, chicory, kiwi and broccoli. Vitamin C contributes to a good resistance, good wound healing, strong bones, teeth and blood vessels and the absorption of iron. Tip: drink a glass of lukewarm water with the juice of half a lemon every morning. That way, you can detoxify your liver.
- Sweating is healthy
Try to sweat on purpose by exercising intensively or scheduling a visit to the sauna. Your lymphatic system can eliminate toxins through sweating. Don't forget to rehydrate your body by drinking plenty of water after your sweat session.
- Eat high-fiber foods
Examples of high-fiber foods are legumes, grains, seeds, vegetables and fruits. These are all nutrients that promote intestinal flora and help remove waste products from your body.
- Try to reduce stress hormones
Your body uses up a lot of glutathione due to prolonged stress and fatigue. Glutathione is one of the most important antioxidants in your body and can eliminate toxins. Do relaxation exercises, try to avoid caffeine and get enough sleep.
- Exercise every day
Exercise every day for at least 30 minutes, even if it is only a 30-minute walk. Exercise enhances the production of glutathione and promotes intestinal flora. Find something that suits you and makes you feel good.
- Try to avoid some products and take extra of others
- Try to replace your wheat products with products which contain less gluten such as spelt or use unprocessed cereals such as quinoa,
- Replace refined sugars with natural sweeteners such as honey and maple syrup.
- Use plant-based dairy substitutes such as soy, almond, oat, ...
- Choose fresh and unprocessed products as much as possible and avoid processed, fried and sugary foods.
- Avoid alcohol and red meat.
- Monitor your salt and caffeine intake.
- Drink as much pure water as possible and drink tea occasionally.
- Try to eat as much fruit and vegetables as possible.
- Eat nuts, seeds and kernels as they are rich in healthy fats.
- Make use of pulses, they are one of the best sources of vegetable protein.
- Get your omega 3 fatty acids from foods like oily fish.
- Drink a green smoothie every morning. That way you get your daily fruit and vegetable intake.
- Change your daily care
Changing your daily routine is also a way of detoxing. Think about showering with cold water, exfoliating your skin, taking a probiotics cure 2 weeks per quarter and use Skin care products on a natural basis.
You can achieve a lot by using these tips in your daily life. Try things out and find out for yourself what makes you feel good. Good luck!