Preparation running season
The running season starts again, and this includes the necessary preparation. You must ensure that you can complete your objective without any damage or sporting burnout. Whether you want to participate in a 5 km run, marathon or an ultra-run, it is imperative that you know what your body can handle and what is available in (sports nutrition) to help you with this. That is really often a new site for many to discover.
Proper preparation and planning can save you a lot of stress and give you confidence in your personal challenge. 5 simple tips during preparation
- LISTEN ... ... to your body and to the signals that your body emits.
- REST: As you may know, your body becomes stronger at rest. Just as important as the hard workouts is giving your body the chance to repair itself. This is how you prepare your body for the next training session. Tiredness or moodiness are often the sign that there is a need for rest.
- GIVE FUEL TO YOUR BODY: If an athlete who trains several times a week combines this with an extreme crash diet, then this can evolve into an outright disaster. Just as we cannot drive around with a car with an empty fuel tank, we cannot expect our bodies to start with an empty tank. This means again: listen to your body. If you are hungry, you have to eat, but eat high-quality nutrients in a balanced ratio.
- PERIODIZE YOUR TRAINING It is extremely important to periodize and phase your workouts, this often ensures the best performance. You can organize your training in a general preparation phase, a basic phase, more specific phases and finally a recovery phase.
- DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF WITH OTHERS Especially on social media. Train according to your own program and to your own abilities.